Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Good afternoon! I am so thankful for sunshine and outside recess!

This morning I needed to give an ELA assessment, so while the kids worked on their reading centers, I (and Mrs. Cepeda) gave the assessment to small groups of children.


We celebrated two birthdays today, one in the morning, one in the afternoon. I am so thrilled to read the letters (and mostly understand what words the letters are making).

We tried a different approach to place value. AND--success!!! We started working on a mystery picture, and it might get finished tomorrow, or the next day. But, I am so proud of them and how they read the "sticks" (place value pieces--stick is ten, and the cube is one).


Finally, look at these kids getting this room ready to go home. I have shown them how to put up chairs and stools, and today, with some collaboration, they did it. Not a single help from me!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment