Sunday, August 21, 2016

The First Week (August 17-19, 2016)

I cannot even believe it has been only 3 days!!! We have learned so much and I am so pleased with each Kinder Kid.

What have we done?

Part of school is learning the school expectations. I love using books to help with this. One school expectation is to Be Safe. I loved reading The Recess Queen and talking about how to be safe. The second is Be Responsible. David Goes to School is great with this.



We are starting the process of learning each other's names with a daily greeting. (I'm happy to report that I know each one's name! That is perhaps the scariest part of a new year for me--remembering names.)

Recess each day. Walking in the halls. I do not require bubbles and ducktails-- just straight lines, no talking and hands to self. And golly!!! They are doing it, and getting compliments from grown ups as we pass in the hallway.

Friday was the first day to do the "When you get to class routine." Here it is... Put away your backpack. Get your spiral notebook. Trace your name. Write your name. Draw a picture.

Friday also was pretty great with learning how to "Read to Self" during our reading time.





But the BEST part of Friday??? Foodie Fun Friday!!!

I hope that each Friday will have some sort of food/science/fun. This time the Kinders made school buses. Happy kids for sure!



I'm really looking forward to more great days and more great learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment