Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

My favorite part today was recess. Perhaps I'm a big kid. Here's why I love recess: kids running, kids smiling, kids helping each other on swings or other equipment, and it is just fun!

In reading we reviewed sounds, the sight words I and can and started "reading!" 

We read "top to bottom, left to right and point to every word." Today I modeled this (again and all year long), but the kids got a turn to read a page as well. They quite surprised themselves. 


Both classes had art. No pictures, but it sounded like they had fun!

The kids played multiple games during math and taught me a lot about how to teach games. We will try them again tomorrow. 



The afternoon kids have really taken to flexible seating. 

During a lesson:


During work time:


Sometimes, when I'm writing this and looking at the pictures, I don't want to wait until tomorrow to teach again. I'm ready to teach Right Now!

These Kinders are so special and I'm proud to be their teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment