Thursday, October 22, 2015

Thursday, October 22, 2015

I'm What a magnificent day!!!

We don't usually have a time for sharing (boo hoo), but this morning we just had to.



Later in reading we worked on a new text feature, captions, and how they work. We spent a good amount of time comparing words to figure out which sound was the same.

In the afternoon I challenged them to make a spider web that would hold some blocks. I gave out specific materials,and let them get to work. It was fantastic! Mr. Chalashtari was in the room for a bit of the time and was pleased with the cooperation and conversations that he heard. Way to go kids. There were 5 groups and one group successfully made a spider web. The other groups are eager for me to give them another chance.






Since we read fantasy stories this week, we tried our hand at writing our own. It was the first story we tried this year and once again, I was amazed and so pleased.

Our recess was cut short by a quick rain shower. I did not even have to call the kids, they came willingly,and then were proud to see how wet they got (which wasn't very much).

Wishing you a great evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment