Thursday, October 8, 2015

Thursday, October 8, 2015

We enjoyed working in our "new to us" center rotations today. And they could hardly wait to continue working on the stick puppets.

We practiced a bit, and then some even performed at recess.


Here is a taste of what math story problems look like. Do not panic!! The kids get the answers before I even finish reading it!


I challenged a couple of kids today with a math puzzle. I was tempted to explain it here... But it is just too hard. Even though the puzzle is "simple" to understand, it is not as easy to complete. I was so proud of the eager children that tried and succeeded.


Violet is now 4 weeks old. We feed her two bottles a day, and a little grain. Mr. Williams brought more milk replacer today (we were almost out). I was in a bit of a panic this morning when a student said we were almost out of milk!!! What? How did that happen? I should have called Mr. Williams earlier to have him bring more... But then I remembered--Do not panic. I called, left a message, and this afternoon Mr. Williams brought some more milk by. He was driving his big tractor and it was pulling his drill. He is getting ready to sow wheat and soon we will have that lesson. Talk about excited kids!!!

So, why did I not know we needed more milk? Because the kids are doing ALL of the work!!! I barely do anything. What a joy for me and the kids to be helping another living creature stay alive.


Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment