Monday, November 2, 2015

Marvelous Monday in November...

It was sure a great start to our week today. I'm working very hard at moving quickly through the curriculum and making it fun and novel.

We started by reading our Fluency Passage (I Am Thankful), learning our high frequency words of the week (no, eat, under, who, of), and then thinking about Babies in the Bayou, all the while trying to dig up some details. Fantastic job!!!



So, I reworked my plan, because I thought they could do this semi-independently. And, oh boy, they made me so proud!!! I gave each student (or pair of students) a book about Meerkat Families, and they worked at reading it and digging up the details. They should come home with some facts (details) about the fun animal.



Then we had a modified time of centers. I taught the word work group how to read, clip, and say a sentence with our beginning high frequency words. Talk about amazing. We will know them soon!!!



After lunch we started the study of suffix ing. Today was an intro, I'm excited to see what they really know tomorrow. Each child then had an opportunity to read (by them self) another story about communities in nature. I listened to a few read and was blown away--I usually see a big growth after Christmas, but today was great. 

For math we had a bit of fun with our World Champs the KC Royals 


And then we started our next math challenge: adding three numbers. Today we made it easier by looking for "friendly" numbers. Numbers that add to ten. 

Last, but not least... there are two sheep in a pen! So fluffy and it was great observing them today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment