Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

What a busy day!

It started with some great reading. Especially reading to find the theme of a text. (A very high-level thinking skill that ALL the kids are beginning to understand.) 

Some kids at the teaching table. 


Other kids reading with a buddy or on their own. 



Next we tackled "theme" with a mostly familiar story--Click, Clack, Moo, Cows That Type. 

To retell the story (a different skill) the kids in groups acted out the story. It was the best 45 minutes of my day!!






Watching the children perform was great! Watching  the children collaborate and learn from each other--priceless. 

I had a district meeting that took me to Newton for the afternoon, so no update about those hours. I missed my smiling, laughing faces. Can't wait to see them tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment