Friday, December 16, 2016

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Well, we rose to the challenge, again!

After the directed drawing of a van, I told the kids that I thought I would write TWO sentences about it today. Their eyes gleamed with excitement and exclaimed, me too; I'll write three; I'll write my own.

Some wrote three, four, one, copied mine, and one friend wrote his very own sentence with spaces for each word AND he listened for the sounds. Amazing! So proud of the gains for every student. :-)


When they were back from science, we talked about ways to relax during this busy holiday season, or any time they feel "too much." I was so pleased that the work we have done with cutting and gluing this past week has paid off. I have had to help a lot of students with the flap pages that we write under, but today nobody needed my help. I roamed the room and watched the busy children work on their mindful books.

I read a story about real plants and we compared and contrasted it with the fiction story I read on Monday. That was fun!


Another student completed the 123 Challenge and had a huge grin when finished. The kids got to play a game with a 10-sided die. One student rolls, shows that many pennies, and the other student shows the SAME number with cubes. It was fun to see them smile, be kind to each other and encourage each other.





Kindness is contagious.

During math intervention the kids who like candy canes ate one while working on a math sheet to recognize numerals and also to "color by word." The task was to color all parts, not just a smidge of the square.



I took a photo of the completed board with our reindeer writing. Lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment