Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

I am just so proud of the kindergartners that I frequently call them first graders! Whoops!!! But they are so smart and learning so much, that sometimes I forget.

Today was a review day for phonics, and a directed drawing of a bird. I love how the kid's sentences often use high frequency words that we have learned. That makes writing so much fun and readable!



It is important to me that the kids at least know (even if they do not apply this skill every time) that the vowels make more than one sound, and how to look at a word to know which sound to use. I am excited to have the students sorting words (just looking) into short i sound or long i sound. This activity could also be used as a listening activity. The better they can hear sounds, the better writers and readers they will be!



Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment