Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Day 3

How can I even think of anything we did, besides opening the boxes for our new stools? However, I will try...

We are working really hard on our names (neat and correct capitalization--first letter only) and I think we've got it. The alphabet review continues, today with short o and m.


Then we dove into a comprehension strategy called Ask and Answer Questions. To make this more concrete for the kids, I introduced them to Quincy the Questioner. He begins his questions with "I wonder..." It is a wonderful way to interact with books and really know that we understand them. I will model this strategy a lot this year, and soon they will use it while they read their own books. :)

And then the stools arrived. Lucky for us the playground was a bit wet, so we had recess inside and the kids got to "create with a box." Some decided to play with Legos instead.





We ended the day with some great math. We practiced making number bonds (and that will help us soon with addition and subtraction fluency).


I am so excited about what I learned today:

1. These first graders are SMART.
2. These first graders are eager to learn even more.

Guess I better rest up and read up, this is going to be a big year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment