Thursday, August 27, 2015

Thursday, August 27, 2015

As I sit and write about today I get a little teary-eyed.

Every challenge, every activity, every expectation that I set out for the firsties has been met or exceeded.

I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the wonderful class that I have this year.

More pictures of complete focus during reading/center time today.



We have a short, special time of our day called "Imagination Time." It is an opportunity for the kids to practice social skills while doing a very imaginative activity. Some choices are: Legos, the train set, K'nex, a car mat and cars, or paper and scissors. During this time I travel the room, extending the imagination or suggesting friendly ways of talking. It is a fabulous time and we ALL enjoy it.


In math we worked on partners to 10. Now to mix it up and really get going on facts.

The day ended on a fantastic note. I read a chapter of Roxie and the Hooligans. We are loving this book. I think reading aloud is an important part of the day, because it allows for me to expand vocabulary, and interest the kids in books that in a year or two they could read on their own. That's motivation!



No comments:

Post a Comment