Wednesday, September 2, 2015

September 2, 2015

It was a good day. Here's the quick run-down...

Reading was review of the critters, and letter sounds. We finished up our handwriting book. As soon as I really look at it, it will come home.

The children continued to practice reading centers while I did another reading test. I have 2 finished and have 2 to go.

Hopefully you have heard about "Imagination Time." It is a time the kids practice speaking, listening, turn taking and sharing. After "Imagination Time" today, we used those tools as a prompt for writing. I am pleased that the kids are learning so much: capital letter at the beginning of a sentence, finger spaces, and ending punctuation. This most likely is review, because I know that Kindergarten teachers teach this as well.

We had an amazing recess. It was HOT, but the wind was good.





They seem to like to take their shoes off after recess. (I mean, I do too, it just makes me giggle.)


We had a quick math lesson that used story problems (did not use those words with the kids, no need to stress them out, right?).


Then I finished up ALL math tests! Can we get a yahoo? To celebrate we had a dance party. Mr. Chalastari came in and we tried to get him to dance, but he just congratulated the kids on a job well done.


What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment