Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Welcome September!

September 1 was a great day. Some of it was more fun than other parts.

Last Friday I started doing the "math testing" but did not get finished. Try 5 tests!!!

So I worked on that (which means pull kids individually to assess) and began the "reading tests" and there are 4 of those.

Goodness me, the kids will be ready for this to be over. (So will I!) I will give you lots of these details about your child at conferences in October. And by then, I hope to see lots of great first grade growth!!

Our day was consistent in schedule, but it was a bit less instruction since I was pulling kids.

They super loved meeting a new critter.


Meet Digger Dog! He digs for details in a text. Let me say that the first graders are fantastic at this. Now they have a name for it, just like Meerkat the Connector and Quincy the Questioner.

We did not have a formal math lesson, I was pulling kids. I cannot wait to get back to teaching--that is what I LOVE!!!

Wish us well tomorrow as we try to finish up testing and continue to foster a love of reading and numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment