Thursday, September 3, 2015

Thursday, September 3, 2015

What a fun day. We even fit in some learning between me testing the kids!!!

I continued to pull kids for reading tests (I hope to finish them all tomorrow), and give the kids an opportunity to practice reading for details (Go Digger Dog) and making connections (Yay Meerkat!). The kids are getting so good at being independent during centers and using hand signals to communicate their need with me. This is so that I can continue with my small group or individual lesson.


After lunch we worked on the cat art that we will write about tomorrow. It goes along with our fluency text for the week. I wish we had more time for cutting, gluing and creating...


For math I read a story problem, and we (together) created a picture to show it, a number sentence and a number bond. THEN, I introduced a game that is for early finishers. Basically it compares numbers. But what I loved today is some smarties that used the number chart to help them know which was bigger. I did not tell them that, but they have skills and used them! So proud.




Really, this group of kids are EATING UP everything I show them. They are loving learning. They will most certainly keep me on my toes...

No comments:

Post a Comment