Friday, October 7, 2016

Friday, October 7, 2016

What a fun autumn day!

We started the day with a small lesson on the letter "b." Baby Barnaby is the character. He plays a banjo and was scared by a bumblebee.


Then we continued our talk on "Zones of Regulation." (See this website Zones of Regulation for a little more information.) Mrs. Wells and Mrs. Rogers (our social worker) are helping the grown ups and students learn about Zones this year. I LOVE IT!!! What a great tool for me to let the kids know how I'm feeling, and model to them what I can do in each zone.


As a part of this learning we watched Inside Out. Throughout the movie we were able to identify the zones that characters were in and watch them move in and out of the zones. One part of the movie time that I liked was that the kids were able to regulate themselves as far as seating goes. I let them choose a spot, and if they felt they needed to move after a bit I let them. It was wonderful. The kids are really good at knowing when they need to change positions and I loved having the flexibility to allow them to move as needed, and no one felt "stuck" in a spot.



It was awesome!

During math we, again worked on number line, putting numbers in order, and did a little assessment in preparation for the report card and parent teacher conferences.

These kids. I love them so much. They soak in everything I say and do. So, I am super motivated to model the zones and appropriate ways of regulating myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment