Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

YES, I got photos today!!!

Let's start it off with a dance party!


Our ELA rotation time ROCKED so big that I met with two groups, the other two grown ups in the room met with multiple kids for individual work, and the rest were reading and making progress on other skills. I was such a happy teacher that we had a 30ish second dance party. :-)

We had a drawing lesson on bats and wrote about the drawing. I love that the kids copy what I write, and that some of the kids are getting brave to write their own sentence. I stretched them today... I had them write two sentences. It was pretty awesome!!!


And because I love the book Be Nice to Spiders I read that and we "asked and answered" questions.


During math kids "read" numbers in a tens-frame and colored a ghost, and other kids worked on math centers, and I did chapter testing with individual kids.



Reading intervention brought more small group work. See how these smarties can sort the papers into letters, words or sentences? So smart!





As far as the math testing went... I am pleased and happy to see the growth in math ability and math vocabulary. Even when I asked "How did you know?" The kids did not flinch--they just answered the question. Fantastic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment