Thursday, October 27, 2016

Thursday, October 27, 2016

What a glorious day! The birds sang, the children worked and the sun shone. AND then the children showed me how they can READ and WRITE words. Like pen, ten and nab.

We did a directed drawing of a hen and wrote a sentence about it. Some followed my sentence. Some wrote their own. LOVE that the kinders are getting confident in their ability to write words by listening to the sounds.


The hen pecks corn.


The hen can lay eggs.

And READ words by saying the sounds slowly together. My teacher heart was bursting with joy. I may have spent some of my lunch time bragging to Mrs. Wells.


We continued our study of shapes. Today adding circle and hexagon. (Not much new here, but glad to get it out and reinforce and extend as the year moves along.)


There was a creative streak at snacktime.


We are definitely looking forward to our Halloween parade tomorrow at 8:15 and party at 2:30!

No comments:

Post a Comment