Friday, October 14, 2016

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Today was full of awesomeness. And I want to highlight one part.

Since the beginning of school we have been learning letter names, the sounds that go with them, and high-frequency words (sight words). The kids are really doing great with it, and I think the pace of introducing the new letters and words is just right for kindergarten.

This afternoon during reading intervention I rotated the kids between reading a book from our reading series (Wonders) and my table for more work with letters (names and sounds). The kids were so excited to read the book, because they could!!!





The book was full of high-frequency words and three-letter words that they could sound out. We call it Martian speaking, because as we say the sound we blend it right away with the next sound, because that makes it easier to hear the word.

Have a wonderful three-day weekend!!! (I have the opportunity to attend a math training on Friday in Maize and I am quite excited about it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment