Monday, November 28, 2016

Monday, November 28, 2016

Oh my it was good to hug the Kindergartners today!!!

I was super happy that it seemed that they remembered all the reading sounds and stuff I have taught them.

I beefed up the reading rotations and added some new choices.


In math we reviewed measuring, and I was super happy that they remembered "endpoints," and used them to measure. :-)

Here is a quick picture from reading intervention: naming the picture and the middle sound. Pros, I tell you!


We began a social studies unit on needs/wants. Today was a quick introduction and color sort of needs and wants.



I have a new "station" set up. It is for early finishers or before/after school. Kids look at the scene and tell their own story of what is happening. If kids have plenty of practice telling stories in K, then it will be much easier to write stories in first grade.



There is more... a hot cocoa fluency (photo tomorrow, I hope), reading Christmas stories and Numbers to 20 (or 120, if they can handle it). So busy and lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment