Thursday, November 10, 2016

Thursday, November 10, 2016

I am so thankful for this class! They are hard workers and bring me joy every day!

Today I introduced another digraph. This one is digraph ch. Chauncy Chipmunk chops chips.


Every day we review letter names, sounds, read words with the learned sounds and write words with the learned sounds. Many years ago in a training I attended, I learned that some kids will learn to read by learning how to spell. So, I have made it a priority to write words with the kids every day.


To do this I say a word (charm), the kids repeat the word (to make sure they heard me correctly), we say the sounds as we count the sounds (ch, ar, m), next we say the letter name that goes with each sound (digraph ch, combination ar, m), finally we write the word. Some kids go through this process faster than others, but EVERY kindergartner can do it. So proud of them!!!!!

At our first recess we were pleased to see Mrs. Wells on the roof. She talked to us, and read us a book. Mrs. Wells is such a huge cheerleader of all the students and staff. Being on the roof is how she celebrated a fantastic PTO fundraiser this fall.



I'm looking forward to a wonderful day on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment