Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

What a great day of learning! And receiving! I learned that my Donor's Choose project has been fully funded and our classroom will be getting materials for flexible seating and classroom appropriate options for movement (to help with the wiggles that are natural). Yep, a great day!!!

The students are sponges with our sounds/spelling lessons. Today they gobbled up the long i sound spelled i consonant e (like in bike and mile). So proud of them.


After Art, we started talking about Kindness, in preparation to our Random Acts of Kindness that we will be doing each day in December. They got very excited to learn about our kindness heart in our classroom that can document kindness by our class.



We watched a book on youtube (I need to get a copy of the book, it is wonderful) that's main theme was kindness, but needs and wants was in it as well. Just in case you want to watch it at home, here is the link: Those Shoes.

I was able to capture a few photos during math, but mostly let the students learn on their own today. We continued talking about measuring, so the kids used our cubes and found objects in the classroom that were the same as 6 cubes, 7 cubes, 8 cubes. It was amazing for me to sit, watch, and listen to their math talk. "This is shorter than..." And more, I wish I could remember more.



After specials, we wrote cards for our friend who has moved to a new school. We sure will miss him.

Thanks for a great PTO fundraiser! This special wind chime is what I got as a thank you from PTO for having a class that raised a lot of money. I love it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment