Friday, September 23, 2016

Thursday, September 22, 2016

First thing in the morning we have Animated Literacy/Writing time. Animated Literacy in part are the characters/sounds/gestures. It is really cool.

I follow a two-day routine. Day 1: introduce a new character, their story and gesture. Work on finding that letter on a page in the kids book and perhaps (if time allows) some writing with that sound. Day 2: I lead a directed drawing and a sentence writing lesson. It is very teacher led because I model correct letter formation, spacing and punctuation. It will be awesome when the kids start doing more of this on their own, but I will support them as long as they need it. 

Each day begins with a review of the letters we have already learned. It's a flash card type of activity. Letter names. Character names. Letter sounds. And writing a letter from the sound I give. These photos show that the kids are "ready" for the next sound, and that today we did it on whiteboards. 



I'm super proud of their progress and look forward to this time every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment