Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Oh my! The learning today was amazing!!!

I loved using a non-fiction book to introduce signs before we drew a stop sign. And then we learned "r." Rosie Racoon rides a rhino. 

Then to practice the new sight word "we," we wrote a book. Awesome!!!



And rotation time was magical!





Math was a bit rougher, but learning right after lunch is hard, so we did the best we could. We started to count on from five, but didn't finish, so we will have to continue tomorrow. 

And a birthday cupcake to celebrate our friend. It was great!


With just a couple of minutes to spare just before specials I pulled out a favorite book "We Share Everything" by Robert Munsch. Oh we laughed. And then I noticed...

Several kids were signing "problem." A word we talked a lot about last week. Oh my! My heart was signing!!! They had noticed the problem in the story (a skill that fifth grade teachers will be glad we taught) and now they are recognizing a problem in a story without me promoting them. 

Know what that means??! Comprehension!!! Yay Kinders!!!

This picture is blurry, but I had to take it, they are signing problem. 😍


No comments:

Post a Comment