Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

I could go on and on, and I will... Today was awesome!!!

I love the way the kids listened to the directed drawing we did this morning of "dad." Then they wrote a sentence under it--"The dad can work."


See how excited they are with their drawing and writing?

And I have been thinking about recess. The joy they have is incredible. Today I tried to catch it in some photos, not the best, but maybe you will get the idea of getting outside and running.




With Constitution Day coming up, I did my best to give a little information about it. We watched a School House Rock video about the Constitution, then spent some time talking the Statue of Liberty (as a symbol of the USA). It was fun to hear all the places (rather movies) that they have seen the Statue of Liberty.



We continued talking about friends, and practicing our Reading rotation (wheel) time. I also have introduced Nouns. We have a little saying with gestures--"a noun is a person (point to self), a place (hands out at sides), or a thing (point to shoe)." This will be ongoing this year and not really mastered for many years, so an intro for sure!

After lunch we celebrated a birthday. I was impressed with how messy the kids can get with frosting. Oh my!!!


In math I connected the cubes we have been using in finding hidden numbers with a number sentence. This was truly a very first look, but by the end of the year, they will be pros.



And how fun! As a way of practicing counting, we learned a math hippo of "setting the table." Pull out a number and set the table for that many people. We did not have time for everyone to give it a try, but they are eager for tomorrow and a turn!


I'm certainly looking forward to more smiles and hugs tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I just love to hear the stories about school time! Plus, reading it helps me understand a little bit more about what he is talking about!! 😉

    ReplyDelete